Thursday, December 25, 2008

Isn't is strange that I wish for things to stay just the way they are; not change for the better or the worse? If I make a conscious effort to look at my life, I'm amazed at my levels of indifference! Initially, I felt I was being pushed to feel that way but I don't think so anymore. It's just the way I've become. I've cushioned myself so well that when I fall from the clouds, I'll bruise nothing :) I've turned numb to sorrow, anger, irritation, anxiety...Coach would probably kill me for being this way but I don't want to snap out of it. On one hand, the attention is soaring and it was putting me off till a few day ago and on the other hand, there is a breakdown. I guess it just neutralizes everything. I don't feel like I've been shortchanged nor do I feel like a million bucks. For once, I'm not swinging towards the extremes and I actually like it. My emotions are turning dormant and I'm okay with it. I don't feel the need to reach out to anybody and I'm okay with that too. I continue to be as blah as ever and that is most definitely okay! Everyday, I grow up a 'little more'....

3 comments:

Ashwin Prabhakaran said...

this may not help..
but just a thought..
"some days we grow up.. some days we just grow old" :)

The Purple Bicycle said...

I like that... I also believe that growing apart is a part of growing up :)

dEeBeE ! said...

growing up everyday helps us accept a lot of things better..