Friday, January 16, 2009

"It's like a mystery movie. The first time you watch it, you're curious to know how the story goes. Every minute you push yourself to expect the unexpected; that there's a twist in the tale and you're looking forward to it. The end thrills you or leaves you disappointed. Now go and watch the movie with a friend. You know exactly how it's gonna be. Some bits still excite you. But now you can predict almost everything."

This conversation with Piggy kept replaying in my head on Thursday night. We both know what we were referring to. It was an observation. Every experience just helped us build character and learn a million lessons. We grew into certain kinds of people. And that is something I'm thankful for. I'm way too spaced out to react dramatically or question all that was shared. I'm just letting it be.

I have absolutely no hard feelings or regrets. I still think that the person in question is wonderful. The only thing that kept pricking me was the sudden appearance of glass walls. Things weren't going to be the same and I didn't know how to deal with it. Now I do.

Someone very, very, very important once asked me how I could still be friends with him considering all the "stories" I've heard. Here's your answer. Just your underlying sense of honesty defines my relationship with you. You're pragmatic and are one of the few people who can knock sense into my head. You comfort me like magic. Thursday night when I couldn't think straight and was troubled beyond words, it took one message from you to shift everything fundamentally. The next morning, I woke up to a sunshine-y day. I don't have to be high to tell you that you're my best friend.

No comments: