Friday, March 20, 2009

There is magic in the air. This city has molecules of life floating around. There is no place on earth like my city. This is what was buzzing through my head while I was crossing Residency Road.. from the Crossword side to the Mayo Hall side, avoiding all those buses and honks. I stood at the bus stop waiting for the Big Red Volvo and kept flipping through the pages of my book. It's the third one this week and I feel so proud of myself! I am attempting a full fledged Read-a-thon. And all's right! I have wayyyy too much time on my hands. But with a noble cause like this, it doesn't really bother me. What adds to my bubbling happiness is that I have finally started my diet! Yay! Once more so YAY!!! Stomach crunches, walks, 8 hours of sleep, no junk food for a week and I can already see the difference. I feel like a feather.. Nice and light! And I think I'm curing myself of depression eating. Few weeks more and the wretched love handles will be gone! I have a vacation lined up. Do I love my sibling or what? My support system is working beautifully! Everyone's just always there. The ones in different cities provide refuge from several miles. Iced tea is my drink for this summer. Summer. Orange ice candy, sleeveless clothes, lots of water, shopping, light colours - It has to be the most wonderful time of the year! And yes, I still like being taken care of :)

I read the paragraph again and again. The things that trouble me seem like specks of dust. I blow hard. They disappear. I don't think I'll be seeing them for a while. Do I care? Nope. Life has so much more to offer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Health is wealth! And it helps with the depression shit.. don't go overboard. ;-)