Friday, March 20, 2009

Of Conversations

Two little girls and I are walking up the road after class. The girls are bubbling with excitement as they tell me about their holiday plans.

Girl 1 : Akka, I am going for painting class.

Girl 2: And I am going to join Bharatnatyam classes.

Me: Really? Wow! That's nice!

Girl 2: Akka, DB akka told us that you dance very well! Please show.

Me (still shocked by the statement): Me? Dance? Sweetheart, my feet refuse to coordinate with each other. I can sing in front of a million people but don't ever mention the D word in front of me.

Girl 1 (without batting an eyelid): Okay, then sing for us.

Girl 2: Yesssss! Sing Bum bum bole.

Me (wondering how I manage to get myself in situations like this): Sigh! Okay. Dekho dekho kya woh...

The girls join in...

All three of us (with actions): Masti mein tu dol re.. aye bum bum bole...

A few minutes of complete silence.

Girl 1 and Girl 2: Akka, if this was an exam, we would give you 100/100 for your singing.

And that ladies and gentlemen, will go down as one of the best compliments I have ever received. No drama, no flattery. Just straight from the heart! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your songs makes people puke.. literally.. :-P
Just kidding! nice post! :-)