Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happiness!

Well, I guess the title says it all. But it has nothing to do with me or my states of euphoria. This is about some of the people I adore. While all of them are amazing in their own ways, somewhere there is a very basic sense of simplicity that I love them for. Maybe their answers vary now but I'm going by the replies I received on 30/Jun/2008. It's not always the 3 "M"s that get those fabulous smiles out. There are little things that matter.

So what makes Them happy?

Piggy: Poly - I guessed this one :)

Reddy Teddy: Manchester United winning. Tendulkar scoring. But more on a non sports level, a smile across a person who matters to me because of me. - All the big men are really nice :)

Nishu: Happy-Myself. Knowing the fact that being in a state of happiness comes from within and it cannot be found anywhere. It's really easy to be low and down in this world. but it takes great courage to remain happy even when s*** happens around you.It's a great challenge. :) - I love this! It's such simple philosophy and drips with Nishu-ness

Teddy: When the girl I am in love with says you are the best guy I can ever get - Trust me, my bear - She'll say it in Gujrati :)

Tannie: Silly li'l Kara - Tannie, your baby's in safe hands :)

Sushi: Seeing people around me be happy - Simplicity again

Pram pal: When out of the blue a dear friend or a loved one remembers you by either calling you or writes to you. Ah! - This one's on my list too.

Pits: Compliments from strangers in big cars ;) - Don't kill me for putting it up here. It's just very cute! :)

Suki: Dogs and travelling - One of those things that make us connect the way we do.

DB: Having pani puri in the rain, being with the ones you love when you want to, having the love of your life standing beside you and beautiful weather. To learn that there's someone who care about you and loves you at the end of the day. To have my favourite corner house ice cream in the middle of the night. To catch up with old friends and get to sing all the beautiful numbers. To dance to the tune of your own music in the rain. To listen to The Beatles and Eric Clapton. - DB, you make everyone happy! :)

Radio Partner: Mum is #1. Dogs. The beach. Walk in the rain. You when you sing and play your guitar. The smell of wet mud. My good friends. A good book. Babies. - Sherry girl, what would I do without you? :)

Sailor Boy: When mother nature blossoms. Also, the generosity of the poor. - I know every new place you see makes you smile from ear to ear too :)

Onjus: Thinking of the people I have around me and my school days - *sigh* I think our entire batch has very happy memories of school.

Chachu: Home cooked food. - Happiness captured in three words!

AD: Driving. - I know :)

Tara: Some spur of the moment things we do with our friends that you know you'll remember for the rest of your life - uh, dance videos, anyone? :)

Lamster: You make me smile, Niru - Thank you, Lamster. It's mutual :)

Dhols: Happy babies, little puppies - :)

Shreyas: I think a smile is what makes me smile from ear to ear. It's similar to this - someone telling me that you made my day makes my day! - I really miss our chats and lunches! There have been countless times when you've made my day!

Dinku: Zidane and Real Madrid playing breathtaking football. Toddlers in slightly oversized shorts. Everything turning green after the first drops of rain. And the smell of the earth. - This is so typically you! I've had some of my happiest times with you! :)

Tuts: If i would have a month to spend in Kolkatta with all my friends there, it would make me smile - Mister, when are you gonna show me around the city of joy?

Coach: When my whole family, all my friends, the ones I love and care for, everyone I know/don't know is happy and thankful to God, I'll be beyond happy - I guessed this one too!

Writing this post has made me very happy! :)

1 comment:

dEeBeE ! said...

And as of now I am happy that you are happy!! love u gal! :)