Wednesday, September 10, 2008

*Yawn*

There are so many thoughts on mind that I don't know where to begin. They range from happy, intellectual and funny to absurd, philosophical and sentimental. I have two term papers to submit by the end of this month and they seem like a mammoth task. It's not that I can't do it. I want them to be exceptionally good papers. A lot about it is to prove things to myself.. like the whole "manage house + life" phase. I want to feel like a responsible, YOUNG (21,22,23...57 years fall in the young category) adult. For starters, I've been driving a bit in the last couple of days and it's awesome! I've never thought of myself as a nervous wreck and I passed this test with flying colours. Trust me, driving near my place trains you to drive in any part of the world. Oh, and I applied for a job. Keeping my fingers crossed...(and hanging on to my horse shoe)

Coming to the funny bit, I seem to burst into incessant giggles anywhere I go. It happens so often that it's beginning to scare me. Like today while zooming through all the traffic, I suddenly thought of Prometo and the hostel incident and couldn't stop laughing. As it is I must have been quite a sight with my bright bike and silly looking helmet. Add my loud "Ha ha"s to that and I'm sure that I scared quite a few people away. Even right now I'm giggling about something that happened when I was 12. Old things still crack me up. The flip side? I'm getting way too emotional for my own good! Mindless, stupid movies with titles like Doodh ka karz and Sainik start the water works. I guess it's just my sub conscious way of balancing things out.

With regard to people, I feel like a hypocrite... and definitely a bigger one than the kind that exists in all of us. I'm trying hard to stay away from some people although we've shared some good times together. I don't have the patience to listen to their stories or the philosophy that they keep dishing out but don't feel like being downright frank about it. (Oooook... but atleast I'm trying to explore my diplomatic side.. that's if I have one.) Also, with a few shocking things doing the rounds, I'm beginning to wonder if some people are actually as nice as I make them out to be. These kind of thoughts are just reinstating the fundas I've followed to get by college... and of course, I passed on the knowledge. My girls are such rockstars!

I'll leave the happy thoughts for another day. I don't want them to disappear. I'd like to stay addicted. :)

No comments: