Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boca Grande

Heh.. If you are Bong, you're bound to laugh your head off at the name of this joint. That's what happened to Tuts when I told him we could grab a bite there. He seemed keen to try it out so we went ahead and experimented. I won't say we were disappointed but the food's nothing great. But we still ended up sitting there way past his lunch break. We last met on his birthday. Needless to say, we had a LOT of catching up to do. Now one thing I love Tuts for is his ability to chatter away... and lend a patient ear when I need to talk. So we chatted, laughed, laid bets on Socrates and Leo, exchanged stories and whined about the alien, purple salad. We stuffed ourselves and walked up the road for ice cream and continued blabbering. Finally, we said our goodbyes (he might as well have applied for half a day's leave) and went in opposite directions.

Today will go down as one of my most memorable days. There is tremendous joy in meeting old friends. My head was rather clouded last night and I don't know what opened up in the conversation I had with Tuts but I left feeling a lot lighter. He made everything seem very simple. Tuts, I'm glad we went on that crazy trip together. The dancing, the dumb charades session, the singing, the comments... all of it was worth it. Like I said, I am amazed at how we can pick it up from right where we left it. Muah!

P.S. Though I didn't really need it after such a fabulous time, I indulged in some retail therapy. Ah! :)

No comments: