Saturday, August 30, 2008

#40

Have I ever mentioned that I love Simon and Garfunkel? Well, I do and I love them a lot. My mom used to hum their songs and that's how I got introduced to two extremely talented people. I liked the final result of great lyrics that were placed in soft, dreamy melodies and could play some songs on "repeat" mode. I believe that there's something very charming about their vocals. Why this sudden declaration of admiration and love? Just the other night I was looking out of my window while Leo was playing a Simon and Garfunkel song and for some unknown reason I suddenly felt very calm... and i knew it was the song's effect on me. No, the lyrics didn't describe my life nor did the song carry words that I would ponder over in the near future. But at that moment, it just felt like the most beautiful song I had ever heard. And that's when I rediscovered my love for the singing duo. Heck, it was their music that saw me through 9th std geometry and kept me company during my board exams... and comforted me during some terrible times. It's nice to experiment with your music once in a while but like they say - old is gold. Gold indeed.

Here is my song for the asking
Ask me and I will play
So sweetly, I'll make you smile

This is my tune for the taking
Take it, don't turn away
I've been waiting all my life

Thinking it over, I've been sad
Thinking it over, I'd be more than glad
To change my ways for the asking

Ask me and I will play
All the love that I hold inside



Mr. Paul Simon and Mr. Art Garfunkel, I don't think I'll ever get tired of listening to you.

No comments: