Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happy "Bear"thday!

He's not plump, does not have two short ears and a tiny tail, don't think he particularly likes honey or scratches his back against a tree trunk or sings "The Bare Necessities". In fact I don't think he sings at all. Oh, and he is definitely not the Please-Cuddle-Me kind. But people end up with the most peculiar nicknames and the man of the moment is... * drum roll *.... TEDDY!! Teddy. I first met him at Fishland (they serve THE most amazing fried fish ever) and we barely spoke to each other. It took a couple of bike rides, movies, Chaat sessions at G's, exchanging of ideas and jokes to build a friendship. Little did I know that it would become one of the most important relationships in my life :)

Teddy is loads of fun to be with. His stories and adventures keep me in splits and I am often amazed at how simple he is at heart. For Teddy, happiness lies in being with his family and friends, riding his black bike all over town, eating good food while drinking Thums Up and visiting wildlife sanctuaries. He puts people at ease even if they're meeting him for the first time. Maybe it's because he is comfortable in his own skin and is by far the most genuine person I have met. He is what he is and doesn't believe in wearing masks as and when he socializes. He's trustworthy, extremely smart, considerate, frank, creative and makes a fabulous friend. There are times when he gets sick of the sweetness and wants to bring about a change. So he passes sarcastic comments, tries to stay mad at people and show his wicked side but there's a slight problem. Listen to this carefully, you stuffed toy- You don't have a mean bone in your body! I can't think of a single time that Teddy's not been there to share my happiest highs and laugh with me (sometimes at me) when things have been miserable. Years may come and go but he'll stay the same. He'll never stop imitating people.. even if they are his closest friends, making faces every time he's called cute or just reminding me that nothing in life needs to be taken TOO seriously.

So..Here's Loosu wishing the Bear a very happy birthday! May all those dreams come true and I hope you get behind the camera soon. You do have some wonderful stories to tell. And there are awards to be won. I maybe a "VIP", but I'll always be there for you.. Anytime, any place! :)

P.S. The name Aditya has never suited you. Your gift is a crash course in Gujrati. Yeah, I know I'm the best :P

No comments: