Saturday, November 6, 2010

A fancy free Friday spent with one of my favourite people should have led to a super duper Saturday with more of the ones I love. That's how it was laid out in my head.

Instead the afternoon brought in a bit of terrible news. Hoping for the best, we continued to munch and catch up on all that had happened in the last few weeks. Thankfully, the city was kind and gave us some unbelievably lovely weather. We walked up a road, discovering places for the first time, laughing in the breeze. Finally, we found a spot that looked eerily perfect. Our conversation flowed... till it was rudely interrupted by a fight on the phone. Ah, there went the precious mood. The chatter that followed left us with an unsettling feeling. Right there in the stomach. And that was the beginning of the cold war.

For me, the events only brought back a huge chunk of the past. Childhood grudges, flushes of anger during adolescence and lamenting mistakes made during the post teen era. It all played like a movie. Every incident that follows only reaffirms my "theories" and takes me one step closer to complete detachment.

But every cloud does have a silver lining. Maybe just a sliver of silver. Yesterday it was that time spent under the tree, talking and giggling with two of my closest friends.

For now, I need to find another orbit.

1 comment:

overturned blue shoe said...

That's what I love about you, you effortlessly face the bad, sad and ugly and magically turn the ordinary into special :)