Monday, August 11, 2008

Nostalgia

I sit in that corner
The light explores my room
It moves slowly as it looks for me
I hope it doesn't find me soon

Music echoes in my ears
I stare at the silver skies
Memories come back to me
of joy, of happiness, of childhood smiles

Those days of play and fun and games
And climbing trees so tall
There were fights and punches, name calling too
But in the end, there was love for all

I close my eyes and relive the days gone by
I make every minute last longer
There is a familiar sense of calm and peace
And the feeling becomes stronger

I watch myself dancing with the wind
There's me - running free
I have no worries of tomorrow
I am untouched by "reality"

I put the future on hold for now
And ask time to pass me by
To leave me in my moment of solitude
To leave me far behind.

Time obliges and he moves on
He doesn't turn back to check on me
The light dies out, the music softens and fades away
As i hold on to my memories...

No comments: