Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Day In The Life

We take a little walk across the road. You chatter away non stop while I try to plan a lesson in my head. Then I stop. I listen. Your eyes sparkle as you move from sports and games to animals and colours. I stop again. Let's look at all that's around us. That's a gate. G for gate and H for House. My Ooos and Ahhhs are mixed generously with your stories. We enter the room. You pull out a book and bowl me over with your precision, eye for detail, logic and choice of colours. I am amazed at how content you are with life. You look at me and begin to share what's on your mind. There's a hint of sadness but in a flash of a second it changes into loud, happy giggles. I can't suppress my laughter either. Seeing you smile makes me smile.

We walk back. Me into "reality" and you into your care free world.

"Because of you, I like studying. You make it so easy."

Because of you, I have discovered the pure, unadulterated joy in giving and loving.

Sometimes I wonder who really is the learner.

1 comment:

overturned blue shoe said...

wow...it's amazing what kids do to us!lovely post.