Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Golden One

Birthdays come, birthdays go. I grow older, I pretend to grow wiser. But who really cares? Through the 'metamorphosis', it's always the little things that matter the most.

The year has been... ummm... unusual. I laughed. I cried. I laughed with tears in my eyes. I put myself through comic tragedy or tragic comedy. I resisted. I let it flow. I stayed insane. And I continued to measure my life in terms of Happiness. Every moment had something to learn from and I'm glad I did.

For the last few months, I've only been talking about a golden birthday which would redefine my life. I wanted to spend it by myself. By the sea. And then in a flash everything changed because everyone else had plans for my big day. Ha! The bus to Pondicherry sold one ticket less.

From blah to a little excited to depressed to bouncing back with gusto to indifferent to forgetful and finally back to blah. Robotic. Monotonous.

And then came last night. I drank. We sang. They danced. We emptied our wallets. We got the place closed. Some of the most important people of my life were present and the energy levels were unbelievably high. My affection for each one of them was reaffirmed.

I turn 23 years young tomorrow. When I grow old, I hope they'll grow old along with me.

Long bus rides don't always do the best things for me.

2 comments:

overturned blue shoe said...

" I turn 23 years young tomorrow." I love that. More cheer in 24!!!

Angad Achappa said...

Now ur OLD... :D BTW Saturday nite was crazy!!