Friday, November 27, 2009

A friend's blog echoes my sentiments. Strange but with every passing day, I wish for more discipline in my life. I want to be an organized person who strictly follows a time table and doesn't leave her mind idle. I want to do away with social networking. I'd rather go out to meet those people on my oh-so-long Friends list and feel like I've done something with all the time in my hands. I don't want my meals to be irregular and I WANT my 8 hours of sleep at night. I want to spend Saturday evening reading a book, sipping hot chocolate, playing word games with the family or watching a movie. I'm starting a new hobby. I want to devote all my attention to the things that matter to me and the fewer people there are to distract me the better it is. Think I should have a to-do list for the rest of my life and keep striking things off. It seems like a habit that I dropped at some point while growing up... hmmm...

3 comments:

Angad Achappa said...

'I wish for more discipline in my life. I want to be an organized person who strictly follows a time table and doesn't leave her mind idle.'
Sorry but i very strongly disagree with the above statements..following a time-table and leading an organized life doesn't make one more disciplined. I think the way we live is fantastic.. :)

Ashwin Prabhakaran said...

i like to lead a disciplined life..
I like... But I don't :)

The Purple Bicycle said...

@Angad: Impulse always has a lot of space in my life. The post came out of irritation towards myself for taking nothing seriously. I need to start respecting deadlines again :P

@Ashwin: I'm trying to get there. By the time I do, I think I'll be... dead :P