Saturday, October 3, 2009

We start with the movie that made zero impact. Inglourious Basterds. Very cheeky, Mr. Tarantino but I love your work! And Christoph Waltz, don't think I want to meet you anywhere... ever... Brilliant movie!

Now coming to my kind of flick. Masala, Hinglish dialogues, music I can hum along with, familiar faces and a story that's been told a million times. Except in Ayan Mukerji's directorial debut, it's turned into a refreshing, fun filled, youthful affair. Something I could connect with. No melodrama, no unnecessary scenes, no songs out of the blue. Just a simple story that touched the heart.

Why?

I find myself having the "conversation" everyday.

Yesterday, something made sense.

That little house with crazy colours doesn't seem like such a distant dream. The insane ideas and the random thoughts will find a place. The quirks too. My Rubberband notebook has pages to be filled. Two years is what I give myself.

And sometimes being held is just a sign of friendship. Nothing more. But nothing less too.

In this mind of mine, a small alarm clock says that it is time to wake up.

1 comment:

overturned blue shoe said...

'And sometimes being held is just a sign of friendship.'
that is so true...the film re-affirmed that for me.it was such a nice break from all the page three,casting couch,broken heart bollywood dramas.