Monday, November 24, 2008

The Grand Finale

I turned 22 yesterday! It was one of my most amazing birthdays. I expected a few calls at 12 and was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who called. I was busy yakking on the phone when I heard a knock and someone screaming "Aunty, aunty". Dhols, Agi, DB and chocolate cake - I thought it was awfully sweet of you guys to drive all the way. Thank you!! My mom set the birthday mood by baking a sinful chocolate mousse cake and laying out quite a spread at lunchtime. And yes, the wine flowed...

At around 4 PM, I left to meet Piggy. The bus journey did me a lot of good. I love spending time by myself; more so on my day. Piggy had to drop off a couple of things at Cubbon Park so off we went. While walking towards the rocks (The rocks are attached to some crazy memories) I "bumped" into Agi, DB and Aaron! It took me a while to figure out what was happening. I walked to other side of the rocks and was welcomed by Chubby, Dinku and a huge bouquet of flowers. Then Shreyas arrived and my happiness doubled :) The only person missing (apart from Chims and Pits - useless women) was Dhols... who walked in like he was on an assignment and Travel & Living was paying him. There was cake, food and lots of laughter. Stray dogs too. Greedy me couldn't keep my eyes off the gift hamper which I ultimately won by dancing to "Jungle Jungle" (Gulzar, How could you come up with lyrics like that??)The gifts in were so carefully thought of and placed in the hamper. I now own a really big bag, a purple top, a blue bangle, strawberry lotion and a beautiful collage of photographs!! Being loved is a nice feeling. We went out for dinner and had a nice time. After stuffing myself with Bavarian chocolate, I crashed at DB's place and slept late into the morning.

It's rather funny how I wanted to spend a quiet birthday this year; meeting only people who mattered the most and existing like furniture the rest of the time. That's exactly what happened but not quite the way I expected it to and I'm G-L-A-D! Getting a year older has never felt this good... this great!

Thanks guys! XXXXs and OOOOs to all of you!:)

1 comment:

Sushant said...

I'm so sorry i cudn't be there.. Had another appointment at 4 :(

but i'm glad you enjoyed your b'day :)

god bless..